STOP READING THIS BLOG!

You've reached the voicemailbox of Nathan Hersey.

Friday, July 14, 2006

...Does It?

Today was my last day as a full time employee for the company. I got home around 1pm after finishing up some paperwork and dropping off the van. I found a door hanger on my porch, which I usually toss right away. Luckily my partner noticed it was from the city, so I took a look only to find out they had been by to turn off my water for lack of payment. As you can imagine I went to check the faucet, to find out they weren't kidding.
This sent me straight through the roof. CK has always been in charge of bill payment, since I am gone all the time. This is not the first utility they have shut off on me. I seem to recall having no gas to heat my home in Chesapeake due to the same problem. I drove downtown to pay The Man so I could continue washing and showering like a first world citizen. When I got there this dude was making the biggest scene ever in the lobby of the city building. He was screaming at the top of his lungs about how city workers had degraded him and treated him without the respect due a raving lunatic. This went on for a good ten minutes, scaring women and children, until the po-po showed up to cart him away. Quite frankly I was suprised the authorities took so long. Chicago's finest would've had him off to his own personal beating in much less time.
CK's sentence is only mitigated due to Portland's worker TEDs being Johnny on the spot with their wrenches and restoring my water prior to my arrival back home. Still in all I imagine that, although she doesn't know it yet, there will be one sore butt on my wife tonight.

2 Comments:

At 7/14/2006 5:45 PM, Blogger Christina said...

I would like to state in my defense that while this may be the second time this has happened, it is the first time that it has been my fault...and the fault is not 100% mine. Credit for this accomplishment must go to the city, for sending the bill late; so late in fact, that I put it in my purse for prompt payment during lunch the next day and then forgot about it. So, it's mostly not even my fault at all. And seeing as how I am now for the first time, the only member of this family with a job, I think maybe someone else should be handling the shoveling of the administrative shit around here...how's that for some backtalk? (otherwise known as digging one's own hole)

 
At 7/14/2006 7:12 PM, Blogger nate said...

That's some mouth for such a little girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home