STOP READING THIS BLOG!

You've reached the voicemailbox of Nathan Hersey.

Monday, February 06, 2006

52 car p/u

Car free living update.
Everything is going fine, but I find myself with a developing list of things I need to go and get:
- Refrigerator
- 1 cubic yard of horse poop
- compost reactor
- lumber for a new desk
- lumber for new vine trellis
- all manner of large yard tool rentals.
This is an incomplete list of just my stuff, the wife has a list as well.
The day to day car free thing is fine, but more often than not I find myself jonesing for a pick up. If I buy a beater ass p/u my liability insurance will be $100/ month. I really don't want the hassle of buying or owning a car, but the need is apparently there. I need some feedback, what to do, what to do?

4 Comments:

At 2/08/2006 5:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You actually have to go get a refigerator?

Dude....delivery on all that crap.

I'm sure the Home Despot has some sort of cheap, as in almost free, delivery going for all that stuff.

 
At 2/08/2006 9:07 AM, Blogger Christina said...

he's got to get the fridge for the beer stuff, and for that, it has to be a craigslisted or freecycled fridge. none of which will be willing to deliver. as is a lot of the crap we want/need.
that's the problem.
home depot won't deliver $20 worth of mdf for my new desk. plus, how can i shop for that online?
i don't know...maybe we're being silly, but all those garden tools and especially the horse poop. they're problems.

 
At 2/08/2006 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok - I'm sure you can wheel and deal your way to having someone from CL deliver a fridge. Six pack of his/her favorite local brew? $20 bucks?

Have you asked Home Depot? They deliver everything. You don't need to shop online, just go to the store, buy it there, have it delivered.

 
At 2/10/2006 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to be kidding me that you can't get a pickup from U-Haul for $20 or so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home