STOP READING THIS BLOG!

You've reached the voicemailbox of Nathan Hersey.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Turn off, Tune In, Drop out of the Petrol Cycle

As you may well know CK crashed up the Elantra. I have been trying to decide what car, if any, to get her. I shied away from going car free at first do to a feeling that it might not work out. What if it turns out we spend more on car rentals and taxi service than we did on cars? What if CK doesn't like it, what if I find out I need a car too often? How will I get my bubble tea from the other side of the west hills? So I spent a couple days shopping for cars, which I hate more than anything. I hate car salesmen, dealerships, dealing with the goverment to register a new car, dealing with insurance agents to insure them. It's all a giant expensive hassle.
Then I had a mini-epiphany. We are already car free. I don't own a personal automobile right now. If I find out I need a car then I'll go through the hassle of getting one. Until then I'll see if I can handle life without one. What I'm saying is I don't need to be in a rush to get a car.
I spent the weekend in a mild depression. I missed my wifey and couldn't get off my ass to do anything productive Friday and most of Saturday. All I really did today was brew up a batch of IPA, for which I only have moderate hopes for its sucess. I also decide to grow hops in the backyard this spring, hopefully CK will be able to tolerate their smell.

8 Comments:

At 1/24/2006 8:44 AM, Blogger Christina said...

if you plant tons of fragrant vines to cover it up, i'm sure i'll deal with it. a little wisteria, gardenia, lavendar (and some plants whose names i don't know) cover most sins, as far as a wife is concerned.

 
At 1/24/2006 6:05 PM, Blogger nate said...

HOPS ARE NOT A SIN!

 
At 1/24/2006 9:53 PM, Blogger Christina said...

if they stink, that's their sin! p.s. i feel bad for spelling lavender wrong. what was i thinking? why didn't i proofread?!
now i can't be allowed to breed.

 
At 1/25/2006 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratz on the carfreeness.

now you can pour that money into a matching pair of custom bikes....

 
At 1/25/2006 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do of course realize that all of this happened because you moved to a house that is not within walking distance of the MAX.

 
At 1/25/2006 12:43 PM, Blogger Christina said...

yeah, it would happen that way, wouldn't it? good news is that i don't mind riding the buses and there are several that cover the neighborhood pretty well.

 
At 1/26/2006 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont know about you, but reading this article makes me want to go out and by a new car today!

 
At 4/14/2019 8:00 AM, Blogger وليد العروي said...

شركة تنظيف بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف بابها وخميس مشيط
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر

 

Post a Comment

<< Home