STOP READING THIS BLOG!

You've reached the voicemailbox of Nathan Hersey.

Friday, December 23, 2005

JB Weld, You have failed me for the last time!

During the cross-country move the cold water inlet port of my washing machine's inlet fill valve snapped off. At first I tried to epoxy that bad boy back together, with disastrous consequences. It passed the hydrostatic test, but during the trial load it failed catastrophically leading to me running around looking for towels to soak up the water. I had to drive to the opposite end of the city and cough up $35 for a replacement piece.
While in Phoenix I told Sean his mismatched stack was very punk rock, so I had to get myself one. Craigslist yielded a hippy down south of Salem selling a 4 ohm Peavy cab containing 2x4"and 1x15" speakers. Low end problem solved for $65. I will send the low end to the 15", and if for any reason the 4 inchers cause a problem I can abandon them in place. I can also send both Bi Amp outputs to the Peavy cab if I don't need earth shattering volume.
The new house is coming along. I have been hanging everything in the garage up high on hooks and from the ceiling. This is leaving my floorspace clear, but I wouldn't hide from an earthquake in there unless you want a ladder to fall on your head.

1 Comments:

At 12/27/2005 9:43 AM, Blogger Jorge said...

The joints and corners look way too thin, you needed several more coats of JB weld!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home