STOP READING THIS BLOG!

You've reached the voicemailbox of Nathan Hersey.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Low End

That 2x12 cab just doesn't have it at the low end. It is clear and bright at the high end, but for open E it has a bad buzz. Bad low end distortion due to the speakers, not the amp. I can clean it up some by turning down the low end gain with the Graphic EQ , but that is hardly a good option. My amp is Bi-ampable(if that's a word) so I can send the high end to one cab and the low end to another. If I find a low cost 1x15 or 1x18 I'll pick it up so that I can rattle the windows down the block.

2 Comments:

At 12/23/2005 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A 1x15" cab will fix you up nicely for your Low E. They don't work super well on the high end, but that's why you've got another cabinet!

Here's to punk rock mismatched full stacks.

 
At 12/23/2005 7:48 PM, Blogger nate said...

Damn Skippy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home