STOP READING THIS BLOG!

You've reached the voicemailbox of Nathan Hersey.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Peaches

So I'm at the store on Monday and I ask the produce lady what she has deals on, things that will can well. She has just the thing, she tells me, peaches $5.95 a case. Wow, I think to myself, that's 33 cents a pound. Can't beat that with a stick. I got 3 cases worth. Turns out that 54 pounds of peaches is a bigger pain in the ass than one might imagine.
It took me 2 nights of canning to get them all done. I did 19 quarts of peach halves, and when I was sick of halving them I did 11 quarts of peach preserves. I don't know how one consumes peach preserves, but I imagine I'll find out. Finally, by hour 3 on the second day, I was so sick of peaches I had CK bring all my neighbors a half dozen apiece. Tomorrow I'll take a picture to illustrate what 30 quarts of peaches truly looks like.

2 Comments:

At 8/04/2006 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Moving to the country,
gonna eat a lot of peaches."
"Millions of peaches,
peaches for me."

It's a good thing you don't have a job, otherwise you wouldn't have enough time to can all those peaches.

 
At 8/04/2006 6:44 PM, Blogger nate said...

I was going to avoid all 'Presidents of the United States of America' references, but you had to go there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home