STOP READING THIS BLOG!

You've reached the voicemailbox of Nathan Hersey.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

21 days

We vote by mail in this state, and should be receiving our ballots soon. Even my wife is registered this year(talk about a pain in the ass, it involved 2 weekends at the DMV). On the national front the progressives need to turn out the vote sumthin' fierce and every last conservative needs to sit on their hands come the first Tuesday in November. We really need a mild early November so the poor don't get shut in by the weather. If the progressives can pull off one house I'm hoping they can make some heads role for some of the corruption and deception by the ruling party of the past 6 years. If they don't it will be time for a new progressive party.
I've looked at the voter guide (Volume 1) for our ballot measures. The only one that is worth voting for is a state prescription drug measure. The rest are either too invasive (parental notification) or worthless and won't achieve their stated purpose (campaign finance reform). People always trying to make things more difficult. If you want me to vote for your ballot measure I'd better be able to see a direct benefit and no drawbacks, otherwise my inner conservative resists change.

1 Comments:

At 10/17/2006 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is when we get to find out if Americans are as fat and lazy as the rest of the world thinks we are.

If things go unchanged, you could call most of the country hippies - per South Park: a bunch of angry people willing to yell and scream about how everything is hosed up, but not actually do anything about it.

"I can't vote. I'll miss reruns of Buffy!"

I'll be saving up for my island now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home