STOP READING THIS BLOG!

You've reached the voicemailbox of Nathan Hersey.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

It's been a decent week of class so far. I've discovered I prefer a brick and mortar classroom to online instruction. Luckily both of my online classes will be doable in their medium. My bio professor seems like an easy going guy who has mastery of the spoken English language. Nothing worse than a stuffy dude who mutters his lectures into his podium.
Ck has been dragging me out to concerts every Sunday night. Two weeks ago it was the Casualties, last Sunday it was Flogging Molly. Next weekend is Pennywise on Sunday (who I think we'll skip) and Dropkick Murphys on Monday.
Flogging Molly almost got fired for Sunday's fiasco. First off, what kind of punk show has a corporate sponsor (don't get me started on the Warped Tour). The corporate sponsor was Fuse, which could explain the overall Canadian suckiness of the first two thirds of the show. Strike one was their first opener ZOX, who seemed to be a bunch of east coast college boys on tour before going into their dads' law practices. Strike two was the second opener Bedouin Soundclash, who did a U2 cover medley in between attempts to pull at yuppie heartstrings with Canadian Reggae. Neither of these bands got me warmed up and, moreover, left me wanting to self mutilate due to boredom. Strike 2.5 was the corporate sponsor of the show wheeling out a giant screen on which to broadcast advertisements in between sets. This only gets .5 strikes due to the unobjectionable content of said advertisements (sketch comedy clips from some new show).
Luckily Bridget Regan is still a goddess, otherwise they'd be hella fired.

4 Comments:

At 9/27/2006 8:24 PM, Blogger Christina said...

Yeah, the only good part of that show, was the Flogging Molly part. I can't believe I forgot to blog about it.

 
At 9/27/2006 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey I am in town now....Sorry I dont have your number I will get yours through Flint...Hopefully!?! But either way you can get mine through him. I see that you are in school now so we might have together over the weekend if that is cool, Saturday we are booked though.

 
At 9/27/2006 9:14 PM, Blogger nate said...

I'm done with classes for the week.
I'll get your number from Flint and call you tomorrow.

 
At 9/28/2006 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have felt your pain. Nothing pissed me off like seeing Bumbershoot coated in corporate bullsh__ - grass roots my ___. Corporate America is again destroying everything that was cool about music. Back to the European scene I go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home