STOP READING THIS BLOG!

You've reached the voicemailbox of Nathan Hersey.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

PEDAL WENCH!

Thursday I signed CK an myself up for the Portland Bridge Pedal. We did the 8 bridge ride, because I feared mutiny if I tacked on an extra 10 miles to ride down to the Sellwood bridge after waking her at 5:30 on a Sunday. CK bailed on me after the St. John's bridge and rode home. Still in all she did most of the ride, and I was quite proud of her pedaling stamina.
Normally this type of group ride would not be my thing, but the chance to ride the Fremont and Marquam bridges was too good to pass up. Paying someone to ride my bike makes me feel like a schmuck, and all the pricks in pro team kits kinda got on my nerves. Anything to get the wifey up extra early on a weekend though!
I also rented a violin, and will begin lessons on Monday. I'm pretty darn excited, and I hope to be playing jigs and reels in no time.

2 Comments:

At 8/14/2006 4:59 PM, Blogger Steph said...

How awesome for yous guys to bike. I want to go more but due to not having a cockpit for the kid it gets let me say difficult. How awesome too that Flint is named my man candy. He endured my reunion with me so I guess he's a keeper.

kidding of course he is.

When you learn to play a jig, I'll be down with beers all giddy. Christina and I can attempt a dance or two.

 
At 8/15/2006 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool. They had something similar for Kids' Day in Seattle once when I was little, where you could ride a bike on the express lanes through downtown - wish I had done it.

I'll be laughing my a$$ off if you ended up with a classical violin instructor and weren't planning on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home