STOP READING THIS BLOG!

You've reached the voicemailbox of Nathan Hersey.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Declan MacManus is My Guardian Limey

Mom is in town, so we made a road trip from PDX to Vancouver BC by way of Seattle. We rented a car Wednesday morning and headed north. We stopped for lunch at Elliot's on The Sound, and then continued up I-5. Around Everrett we stopped for gas. I was going to have ma pump while I went to the restroom, but then Alison came on the radio. Since that's about a once in a decade occurence I decided to pump instead of ma so I could listen. I did a quick walk around and noticed the right rear tire in the rental car was looking a little low. Sure enough, when I checked the pressure it was at 0 pounds and a nail was sticking out of the tread. I didn't get the flat tire idiot light, and the 'run-flat' didn't sound or feel like a flat normally would. If I hadn't of caught it then I'm afraid we'd have been in the middle of no where Canuckistan trying to change a flat.
After getting it fixed it was later than I thought it was going to be getting to Vancouver, so I had Ben rustle me up the number to a hotel. When our hotel didn't have WiFi I began to worry my brother had led me wrong, but if he'd have sent me to any other hotel I'd have never found the greatest Indian restaurant EVER. Yankee Indian pales in comparison to the feast we were able to procure for fake Canadian money. The Naan, Tandoori Chicken and Mulligatawny were outstanding, service good (we where one of only 2 parties there) and the waiter told us about Stanley Park and Grouse Mountain.
The recent wind storm had closed the ring road in Stanley park and Grouse mountain was too overcast, but we did find the dam and reservoir that stores Vancouver's drinking water and had a beautiful hike complete with really tall tree and fish hatchery in Lynn Canyon Park.
It was great, and Ma's good to travel with because everythings exciting for her and she is full of enthusiasm, but next time she should visit in the summer when the weather and views are better and the rain is gone!

1 Comments:

At 1/06/2007 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love " Allison" and "Watching the detectives". I dont hear enough Costello.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home