STOP READING THIS BLOG!

You've reached the voicemailbox of Nathan Hersey.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Summertime = Honey Brown Ale

Sunday I spent the day brewing 2 batches of honey brown ale. When I went to pitch the yeast my sense was something wasn't right. It being Sunday, and the brewing supply house being closed, I pitched the questionably alive/ possibly contaminated yeast I had on hand. Yesterday I checked the progress and it didn't seem as if it was going too well, but this morning the fermenting vessels were bubbling away. I'm worried that this batch might be contaminated with wild yeast doing the fermenting, instead of the 5 dollar a vial (edit) California yeast I normally use. Until I draw off the first pint I won't know for sure.

4 Comments:

At 6/28/2007 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You buy $5 "vials" of yeast. The yeast you had might have been "vile."

 
At 6/28/2007 10:07 PM, Blogger nate said...

Everybody loves an English major. You and my wife should get together to gang up on my grammar mistakes...oh wait...

 
At 7/03/2007 1:53 PM, Blogger Benjamin said...

Lambic ales are a fine tradition. Wild yeast will put hair on your chest.

 
At 7/06/2007 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chrissy will be less than surprised that you may have a yeast infection!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home