STOP READING THIS BLOG!

You've reached the voicemailbox of Nathan Hersey.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

I fely sorry for myself, that I had no luggage, until I met the man who had no landing gear.

When I touched down in NJ on Monday the airline had lost my luggage. At first I wasn't worried. There was nothing of monetary value inside. Then I realized I packed 1/4 of my prized concert t-shirt collection into it. Luckily, they found and delivered it the next night.
Last night I was sitting in the bar, eating a mediocre burger, when I noticed on the CNN that an Airbus 320 had been circling LAX for a couple of hours. Their front landing gear was cocked at 90 degrees and stuck. It was rivetting. Normally I can't stand more than 3 minutes of TV news at a time, but I had to watch until they landed. Goes to show that I'm not immune to a good news story.

3 Comments:

At 9/22/2005 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did the same thing. I was walking out of work to see that several people were already camped out in front of the TV in the lobby. I probably burned the better part of the hour before it landed.

 
At 9/22/2005 8:24 PM, Blogger Christina said...

i'm glad you got your shirts back, and i miss you. have fun!

 
At 9/23/2005 7:03 AM, Blogger Jorge said...

hey I was stuck in traffic during all that, I heard it on the radio!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home