STOP READING THIS BLOG!

You've reached the voicemailbox of Nathan Hersey.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Dr. Strangelove

I am headed to IAH, or Houston International. The Texans renamed it, but I'll let you guess what they changed it to. I noticed the cover of the Economist this month, a lovely conglomeration of American icons, it baffles me that the limeys thought up that piece of art before us.
I've been overdosing on Kunstlerian peak oil essays the past few days. Not much new to say, but the term 'peaknik' entered my vocabulary. Always best to attack your idealogical enemies through catchy phrases than rational argument.
My active lifestyle force a difficult decision. Walking around town with the wife on Saturday morning we decided that not having a vehicle was not going to work out in the long run. Once or twice a week we need to head off to the garden supply, hardware, woods, buy something off CL, wherever. Puting off these trips is fine in the short term, but with the warm months coming we would find ourselves renting a car every weekend.
Later that same day I got a call from my ma, and she said that she was going to drive my truck out sometime this summer. When I pressed her as to why she explained she (and Dad) didn't want to see me without a vehicle, and felt that the WT was rightfully mine. After some discussion of the issue it was decided that we'll put the WT on the back of a flatbed and ship it out here, this being a more prudent option than driving it all that way.
So Sean, once again I'll have the largest V-6 in it's class.

3 Comments:

At 3/14/2006 10:16 PM, Blogger nate said...

yah, no birthday sellsy to ralph half out my window, half in my cab.

 
At 3/15/2006 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should make Dex pay for the shipping, if not the cleaning/detailing.

 
At 3/18/2006 2:04 PM, Blogger Jorge said...

If it smells you should rent an ozonator to get rid of the puke!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home