STOP READING THIS BLOG!

You've reached the voicemailbox of Nathan Hersey.

Monday, February 20, 2006

The Day Ted Nugent Killed All The Animals

CK and I rolled up to Seattle and Olympia this weekend, to hang with Flint and Stephanie. Good times, good pizza and sushi, and life size Alien statuary. Dylan is an incredibly well-behaved pre-schooler, and Flint has seemingly infinite patience.
Before leaving on Saturday morning I checked my blog comments. The problem with the internet is that it gives everyone a forum. Constructive or full of shit you can have your say. Read CL Portland if you want to know how worthless most of your countrymen are.
Anyone can make a significant observation on the human condition. Certainly an artist can have as much to say on the nature of being as anyone else. Wally Pleasant can lead us to insight into our souls, but really he's best enjoyed light heartedly with a couple of brews.
Speaking of beer, in order to support my raging pint-a-day habit, I kicked it up a notch. I carved up my fridge and ran two taps through to the freezer. This was necessary to fit all the hoses and connections on the top of the kegs. I then turned the thermostat to 3 which promptly froze the lines, as I had covered the hole to the freezer portion. I turned it down, and if it still freezes I will have to do some more alterations.

5 Comments:

At 2/22/2006 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice and clean job dude.

At least it's not dispensing soft-serve fireballs.

 
At 2/22/2006 9:32 PM, Blogger nate said...

Thanks, I still have to work on the frozen tygon problem, but I think I've got it licked.

 
At 2/23/2006 8:19 AM, Blogger Jorge said...

insulate the lines somehow, that should be cheap!

 
At 2/23/2006 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, very nice indeed. Now that I have more incentive, I'll definatley stop by to see you if I ever get a chance to make it to the Northwest again.

I think the insulation should do the trick...I just took a gander at the line leading to my ice maker in the freezer and that seems to be how the proto-feebs at Frigidaire did it.

 
At 2/23/2006 9:24 AM, Blogger nate said...

That's exactly what I did, and it is dispensing smoothly. I took some of the insulation I had cut out of the unit and put the line through it; where it passes through the cooling coils, so it no longer makes contact.
I also bought 1lb of ginger this morning, so I'll be making some real ginger ale for the wifey. This will make use my other keg and put the fridge at full capacity for some system validation tests.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home