STOP READING THIS BLOG!

You've reached the voicemailbox of Nathan Hersey.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Santana's

So I flew into SAN today, it was a decent flight. My rental car was from a no name company, so I had to wait 30 minutes for their mini van to pick me up. We drive downtown and to pick up my shiny Geo Metro from some smart ass who flips me low level shit over renting an economy car. I think the odometer must have rolled over. The transmission is shot, the suspension is non-existent, the bearings/cv joints are making all kinds of wonderful poping noises, the steering is way out of alignment and the brakes are as soft as Wally's head. It even took me a minute to remember how to drive with non-power steering.
This is not how I want to spend my time in CA. Pissed and hungry I roll to the hotel. Another true winner, I wonder how Fodor's missed this one. I don't know why they had a sign warning no guests after 10pm, no self respecting hooker would be caught dead in this place.
No big deal, because it is on Rosecrans. Starving, I made my way to Santana's and soon all angst melted away to the taste of a California Burrito and Horchata. The weather is great, so I sat outside and got all misty eyed reminising about Zach Herzberger and Wally Backman. Tonight I'll go to dinner tonight with the electrician and engineer that hooked up the machines I have to start up tomorrow.

3 Comments:

At 2/16/2006 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA! Wally's maneuvering watch station IS at Santana's.

 
At 2/20/2006 3:31 PM, Blogger Jorge said...

Such a small world! I went to santana's not that long ago on my way to sea world....they have a beer class there and tons of free beer!

 
At 2/20/2006 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

at Santana's??? dude...3 dollar burritos and free beer....could it get any better?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home