STOP READING THIS BLOG!

You've reached the voicemailbox of Nathan Hersey.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Back From the Brink

Thank you Broadcom. You have made a hardware device without a Linux Driver, costing me 4 hours of my life.
10 minutes to find the answer to why my shit didn't work.
1 hour deciphering the secrets of 'Terminal' and NdisWrapper.
1 hour was searching in vain for my linksys router password.
2 hours of cursing the gods and general bitching unrelated to the problem at hand, but this counts since most of the bitching was about the poor organization in my office as I searched to find the Windows CD that contained the drivers in question.
It seems that all my other hardware is doing what it is supposed to, so all in all it was a good transition. I'll do the desktop when I get more time in a week or two.
Now that I'm done 'Sean-ing out' I need to build my wife a desk, plant my garden, string up my hops vines all while dreading work tomorrow.

6 Comments:

At 5/30/2006 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez Nate, looks like you need to breeze over the "Modern Equipment for Dummies" book that wasn't put out by our friendly neighborhood Microsoft monopoly. I'm j/k, computers still suck at working as machines and I'm still stuck in the Navy.

 
At 5/30/2006 8:52 PM, Blogger nate said...

Sea Pup! Get some leave and come to Portland! We'll find you a girl with dread-locks who doesn't shave and smells like patchouli! They're the best 'cause they're super thin from being under fed and they practice yoga which makes 'em real limber!

 
At 5/31/2006 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, that is good how exactly? Man I would love to come to Portland. I've heard so many good things about the west coast. Though it wouldn't surprise me if it has baggage as well the grass must be greener. If the gal doesn't shave, fine, just don't expect me to want to be more than "just friends" Anyway, for you and anyone that cares to know, I'll be finally setting up my own blog in the near future. Unfortunately for you all, it will mostly entail ranting about boat life, with a smattering of the ups and downs of my young foolish life as well. Aufwiedersehn for now.

 
At 5/31/2006 5:29 PM, Blogger nate said...

I'll link it up as soon as you get it up and running.

hehe I said get it up.

 
At 6/09/2006 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When did you start going Linux on me?

Yeah Broadcom blows for open source support. Just about everything that we have here uses the Broadcom Tigon3 chip...

 
At 6/10/2006 2:33 PM, Blogger nate said...

you have to man up eventually

 

Post a Comment

<< Home