STOP READING THIS BLOG!

You've reached the voicemailbox of Nathan Hersey.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Cacti

I bought 4 cacti at the garden supply this morning and put them in the office by the window. It's nice to have some plants in the house. My wife is the bringer of plant death, so I need low maintenance houseplants. I've also strung up my hops (which you can see in the background) and put in a fence for my marionberries to climb on. CK decided she wants me to plant the entire front yard in something other than grass. I was thinking all apples, but am open to suggestions.
I also scored a new HT yesterday. I decided to go with the Yaesu VX-7R for its multi-band transmitting capabilities and rugged weatherproofness. The other finalist was the Kenwood TH-D7AG and the Yaesu VX-5R. The VX-5R is no longer made and the used ones I saw were overpriced. The Kenwood lost out because I didn't think the APRS capability outweighed it's bulkiness. Packet on the go seemed to be of only limited usefulness, and if I need to transmit my GPS coordinates, I'll do it over FM voice.

1 Comments:

At 6/09/2006 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice call dude...there was one other thing I forgot to mention about the VX-5 that I didn't like....it's got terrible intermod problems with things like pager towers and stuff. Especially in UHF. I think the VX-7 is much better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home