STOP READING THIS BLOG!

You've reached the voicemailbox of Nathan Hersey.

Monday, October 17, 2005

DKM

CK and I just got back from the Murphys. My ears are ringing worse than usual, but I needed it to rinse out 42 hours of middle America broadcast radio from my brain.
Last couple of mornings I woke up with country in my head. Not the good kind of country like Cash or Nelson, but top 40 shit that makes me want to put a gun to my head. This god damn tragedy has been occuring because of 42 hours on the road with no cd player, no tape player, no ipod to speak of. If I ever see Toby Keith on the street he's getting a swift kick in the nads.
Last tuesday afternoon my partner called and said we needed to do an emergency bearing change in CO Springs. It took 21 hours driving on wed, 12 hours work thursday and friday. Then some shit broke in Hillsboro so we had to drive straight through saturday to get back and work all day sunday. I didn't even get in touch with Tom while I was there, making the entire trip a total suck.
I was totally digging the Murphys opening band, Darkbuster, until they played 'I Hate the Unseen'. I had never heard of these guys before, but they were really good. Like the Street Dogs or Brain Failure, they were good enough that I would see them as openers even if the headliners suck. I was in a mood, and decided to buy their CD to crack in half and throw on stage in protest to their anti-Unseen lyrics. I guess I wasn't in the mood for sarcasm. The lead singer picked it up before walking off stage, and informed us he preferred women's panties be thrown at him instead. Lesson here is not to take anything to seriously, but I always have been kind of an uptight prick.
Seeing the Murphys again reminded me of Nate Threlkeld. Last spring we flew to Boston with him to see Brain Failure, the Casualties and Dropkick Murphys in concert. I need to get his e-mail address before I lose track of him.
I'll continue the story of my life tomorrow, now it's time to crash out.

3 Comments:

At 10/19/2005 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got to give you props for the CD breaking stunt. The fact that the singer saw it too had to be amusing.

 
At 10/20/2005 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Im famous, my name has finally made it to the internet.
As to anything else, I can still be found in hell... or you can email me at monksdeath@yahoo.com
Either way works.

 
At 10/20/2005 9:59 PM, Blogger Christina said...

it was kind of amusing. but for me, it was more scary, because all the way from home until the band started, nathan had been pitching small to semi-large temper tantrums. i saw him run for the stage and thought he was going to let the little mick inside him that only comes out at concerts take over and jump on stage to pound the guy. once i saw him coming back, it was funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home