STOP READING THIS BLOG!

You've reached the voicemailbox of Nathan Hersey.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

mmm...tastes like democracy...

Two posts in one day? Yes. Why? Because I said so.
I got my ballot in the mail this morning. I've changed my mind and decided I do like this vote by mail method. I can do all the candidate research I need to do in my house slippers and I get to lick an envelope. It's win-win!
The County Commish candidates where the toughest decision. Both seemed very worthy, had all the right supporters, had decent stances on the issues. It seemed odd that instead of holding my nose to vote I had a tough time choosing between two legitimate candidates. I thought the primarys where supposed to polarize the choices in November, making it an easy call. I can't lose for winning. Whichever guy wins they'd better fix my street so the trucks stop rattling my house!
The only bad thing is I have to wait for results. I remember as a kid staying up late on election night waiting for concession speeches. I need my fast resolution damn it!

5 Comments:

At 10/25/2006 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had my ballot for several days now. I usually hold on to it for a week or so, to see if I can sell it to anyone. No takers yet. I usually use the pictures to decide who I want to vote for. It paid off in the primary. I was reading about this one dude who sounded pretty good, and then I looked at his picture and he had ass eyes. "Helllllll NO I'm not voting for ass eyes," I said to my wife's surprise. How is this guy suppose to have a clear vision for the future when he can't even see past his own nose?

 
At 10/25/2006 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They make a rubberised asphalt to make things quiet, I wonder if it would help with the rattling?

 
At 10/25/2006 9:17 PM, Blogger nate said...

Yah, you can really judge a candidate by his hair too.

 
At 10/27/2006 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah, you can really judge a candidate by his hair too.

Rick Perry for the win then...unfortunately.

 
At 10/29/2006 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just sent mine in. Most of it was pretty straight forward, but one of the local court judge positions actually had two people on it, so I went and dug around a little. Sadly, I ended up going with the lesser of two evils - the one who wasn't under censure. Not that I think either should be a judge at all, after reading their info.

I remember you complaining about signatures or something. Don't know about your county, but mine started using a "security flap" last year - a little tear-away strip to cover the signature on the outside of the ballot. Better than nothing.

Now, if there had only been an "Impeach Bush" box on that ballot...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home