STOP READING THIS BLOG!

You've reached the voicemailbox of Nathan Hersey.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

St. Johns

Looks like the wifey has decided on a house. It's a nice two story in St Johns, at the far north end of the PDX. This neighborhood reminds me of south boston, philly, or what liverpool must be like. This part of the city houses working class stiffs. I went into a bar that was everything one might hope for in a dive, cigarette vending machines, lotto, and $1.75 pints of PBR($1.25 during happy hour). I got a pint of Pabst and a root beer for the wifey, and had to ask the waitress twice when she said the total was $3.50. I've never had a round that cheap. From the upstairs window you can see the top of the St Johns bridge and the west hills. I will need to plant some fruit trees in the back yard to block the view of an apartment complex, but that's about the only work that needs to be done. I'm excited to be closer to moving out of the shit-ass apartment complex. I can't wait to get back to home brewing, get my amps out of storage and get a garden planted in the spring.

2 Comments:

At 11/07/2005 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be sure and buy a shitass house to go with it!

 
At 11/07/2005 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhhh....at least it isn't the shitass navy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home